|제목||Faculty Position:Open Invitation(교양교육원 외국인 전임교원 초빙공고)|
Please find the attatched application form above and submit it when you apply.
The LAD (Liberal Arts Department) at Dongguk University in Gyeongju is hiring full-time English instructors for March 1, 2013 to February 28, 2014. Contracts are renewed every year. We are looking for dedicated teachers who are interested in professional development and working with teams of teachers. We strive to maintain a collaborative work environment where materials, resources and ideas are shared.
BEFORE YOU APPLY, PLEASE CHECK THE FOLLOWING :
l Only apply if you are in Korea. We are not considering applicants who are in another country.
l Please make sure that you include all of the documents we have listed in your application packet.
※ If there’s no documents for headings(Career, Degree, Etc.) the headings will not be considered.
l Please include your visa expiration date, and type of visa you have. We will only hire people who have E-2 or F visas which allow for work in schools)
l We want to hire people who have 4 years teaching experience or more.
Dongguk is a Buddhist University located in the ancient Shilla capital of Gyeongju, a city of about 300,000 people. Gyeongju is renowned for its cultural and historic heritage, as well as for its abundant outdoor recreation activities. It is conveniently located within an hour of Daegu, Busan,
2. Responsibilities: The LAD faculty is primarily responsible for a four-semester program comprised of mandatory English conversation courses. We also have writing courses for pre-intermediate and intermediate learners. Faculty members are additionally responsible for holding office hours and teaching certain classes during vacation time. Opportunities for additional classes are available. Teachers are paid overtime for all extra work.
In addition to credit classes we need people to work in our International Lounge. Lounge programs run parallel to our regular courses, but are not taught for credit, and are open to all of our students. Teachers will be expected to prepare communicative activities specific to various learner levels.
All teachers belong to teams according to the courses they teach. Each team has a leader who is responsible for basic curricular decisions and maintaining course consistency. Team objectives are standardized and all teachers use standardized rubrics to evaluate student output. Teachers must attend three team meetings a semester (as well as department workshops).
3. Contract Details:
4. Qualifications: Holders of relevant graduate as well as education degrees are given preference. TESOL, CELTA or RSA certification is an asset.
A minimum bachelor’s degree from a 4-year accredited University is required. We are only giving interviews to persons presently residing in Korea, and who can attend in-person interviews on either a Saturday or Sunday. We won’t be holding phone interviews. No exceptions.
Please be mindful of changes in immigration policy (criminal background check and diploma authentication) and how that affects your visa status when you change jobs.
5. Required Documents (PLEASE INCLUDE EVERYTHING):
Omission of any docs listed above will cause applicant disqualification.
6. Application period:
We will accept applications through January 18 th (Friday), 2013.
Qualified candidates will be shortlisted for an interview.
We will be conducting interviews on January 26 th , 27 th (Saturday, Sunday)
Please specify when you apply when you might be able to come for an interview.
8. How to Apply:
To apply via email attach all appropriate docs and send to the following contacts: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates being considered for position will be later asked to submit sealed official transcripts along with an original diploma.
Please send any additional questions and concerns to:
· Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
· Please do not include personal tutor experience.
· Official transcripts will be required after you are accepted.
· Number of hours in training courses (CELTA, TESOL…) should be provided.